Monday, April 14, 2008

The Punkins and thoughts of thievery.

I just worked out super-hardcore for the first time in a few weeks. I ignored every lazy part of my being and just pushed and for awhile there I hated myself, but now I feel so good. Bone-tired, but at least I earned this type of exhaustion.

--it's freezing in this computer lab--

I was watching these youtube videos a friend of mine put together for RISD which are good. They are very. . . alternative, very emo. . . good but also, I'm sure through a quick search, I'd be able to find a similar product elsewhere. But. All that aside, for one of the videos she used the song Thirty-Three by The Smashing Pumpkins (aka the punkins) which is my all-time favorite song by them. I barely remember the video but the song is sticking with me. . . it's interesting how that happens. It's a very melancholy song (hence it being on Mellon Collie). . . it's putting a weird spin on my day.

It's nice out. I've been prepared for all my classes. I worked out. I wrote something. I should feel ecstatic and yet this song is nagging at me. . . and yet I'm not upset about it, it's a nice nag. . . hmm.

On another note, this computer is padlocked to the desk. For no reason at all I now feel like a thief.

No comments: