Thursday, July 17, 2008

false cheeriness

I tried that thing today . . . you know the one . . . where you force a smile until you actually feel like smiling. Supposedly it works, today it did not.

But. Rather than dwell on the negative (of which I could go on and on and on) I've decided to create a list of postitives. Eventually the smile will come (or so I'm told).

1. I saw ED HARCOURT in concert.

All of your days will be blessed
So put on a smile and get dressed
Into the void we will fly away from here
All of your thoughts will be crowned
You'll be the toast of the town
Into the view of a million crystal spheres


Pretty cool, right? Check. Him. Out.
I first heard him when he opened for Sondre Lerche.


2. This is the next 5 months of my life. . .

I'm going here


Barcelona

and here


Bruges

and here


Sweden

and I'm Living here

Cadiz

So, the list might be short but it packs a punch.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Yes. That packs A HUGE punch. Chin up my dear. Europe. For reals yo. And I LOVE ED HARDCOURT. specifically because of you. i STILL listen to that burned copy of his cd you gave me back in the DAY!

Claire said...

I just saw "In Bruges" this weekend (with COLIN FARRELL, who I know you love) and it was a really funny yet random movie! Check it out. Although they claim that Bruges is a shit hole, which I'm sure you will not agree with. OMG I still can't believe you're going to be gone for so long. And on that same thought, I can't believe IM going to be gone for so long either! Shit.