Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Well, then, of course you're excused

I screwed up at work and no matter how much I apologize or how many times I take responsibility the "higher-ups" insist on exloring AML (a competitor) conspiracy theories and computer glitch end-of-the-world scenarios.

My immediate boss says I've done all I can . . . just let it go. But the e-mails are hovering at the top of my box, haunting me, my fingers itching to reply.

I like having responsibility but it sucks when what you do affects cities all over alaska in a slow, painful, inevitable ripple.

(BTW: evitable, is, in fact a word.
evitable adj
avoidable, avertible, avertable
capable of being avoided or warded off )


I know. Doesn't seem that secure, does it?


On a side note.

Humans can be pretty cool
The bus I catch everyday (which only comes once every 30-40 minutes) will always pass you by unless you're standing right at the curb, which, would be fine if the curb was at all a safe place to stand. I always sit in the shady grass and watch for the bus and hope I notice it in time to run out and wave it down (this strategy has never worked, but, I refuse to compete with semi's for sidewalk space.) However, the last couple of weeks other people have been at my stop - different people. And they always, after they wave the bus down, turn to me and say "Miss, the bus is here." They don't know me and they're always different - kind of a cool camaradery.

1 comment:

Chandin said...

I didn't even know you had a blog. Where have I been?

Anywho, don't fret about work. Alaska will get their bananas/tires/flammable goods in due time. I don't think they worry about it as much as NL does. Except for particular assholes that like to yell at you on the phone-as if they're going to make the barge go faster.