Monday, June 9, 2008

Seattle to Metlakatla

I'm up two hours earlier than I need to be but I still slept 3 hours longer than I normally would on a Monday. (Basically it's a good day).

In exactly one week I will be back at
which you know is . . . well it's money is what it is, and also it's a real job, but it's kind of suffocating too. I guess I'll look at it as a reminder: Hanley, this is not what you want to do with your life. This is why you're going to college.

Also, it makes me wonder. This job pays beaucoup dollars an hour with no experience necessary . . . and they always have openings, why are there still people working at McDonalds?

1 comment:

Claire said...

1. I know what you mean about that transition back to working for the summer! Its hard. But its mooolah and yeah, a reminder that you have 9 months out of the year to be this learn-ed 'soaking up all you can' brainiac. Your future is waiting. But meanwhile, Northland services would like to pay you, well, for a few months of your time. Good compromise, but hard to rationalize sometimes.

2. Do they need anyone in the fall? from late september to December!? I'm not kidding. I need temp work between when i move home and when i go to south africa. Let me KNOW beezie.