Monday, June 16, 2008

problematic perceptions

On the bus today I saw a young guy digging in the trash, and what I thought was: how sad, he's homeless and how gross, what is he looking for? Then he pulled his hand out and he was holding three plastic bottles which he proceeded to drop in a near by recycle bin. Basically, I had my eyes opened and my assumptions handed back to me. Pretty cool.

Later, I saw a guy eye this girls much younger than him, he smiled and watched them pass. I could only think that he was a pedophile of some sort, but then I realized as they boarded the bus that he was getting on the same bus and simply allowing them to climb aboard first. Again, assumptions.




Also. Please keep my cousin Macauley and her husband Jayson and their son Xavier in your prayers.

1 comment:

Claire said...

I think its so refreshing when situations like that just slap us in the face sometimes....like a peice of hunble pie (as Jason Mraz would say). And I will send up some major prayers, as usual.

-C